Power Test, Inc. has the ability to provide power system short circuit and coordination studies.
Power Test can also provide Flash Hazard Analysis as required by NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
The NFPA 70E states A Flash Hazard Analysis shall be done before a person approaches any exposed electrical conductor or circuit part that has not been placed in an electrically safe work condition.
The hazards a worker may be exposed to include:
- Extreme temperatures
- Copper vapor (Expands by 67,000 times when vaporizing)
- Molten metal that may ignite clothing or other materials up to 30 feet away
- Intense UV light that may damage vision
- Hot air expansion (Pressures up to 400 Lbs/ft2)
- Pressure/Sound waves that may rupture eardrums